Being in another country yet unable to have documentation as an immigrant can be the most detrimental issue. It would feel like living each minute in fear that what if you face an accident and can’t claim for personal injury? The question lingers in mind: can Illegal Immigrants Sue For Personal Injury?
There is no such law in Florida where immigrants can’t claim compensation for personal injury. Still, further basic laws need to be followed to ensure a smooth procedure and getting the deserved compensation. According to research, Florida has the most amount of immigrants, and they are spread in most of the professions around Florida, where around 1 in 5 landscapers, construction workers and housekeepers are undocumented immigrants. It is vital for immigrants not to lose the edge of their rights and claim for their harm in any personal injury. An immigrant takes several steps to resolve some challenges they may face.
Challenges for Immigrants in Florida while suing for Personal Injury
Undocumented or illegal immigrants in the U.S. can get assistance on any harm they get while living there each day, but they can also face legal issues while accessing the claim.
- Not having Insurance: Illegal immigrants can’t have insurance without having a driving license. In this case, driving without a license or insurance in Florida can lead to fines and penalties.
- Deportation: one of the fears of illegal immigrants is personal injury may involve getting deported while stepping in any legal issue.
- Healthcare and Financial Limitations: It can be challenging for undocumented immigrants to get access to all financial and healthcare resources, which can be a bridge gap before personal injury treatment and gathering evidence.
How Illegal Immigrants Sue For Personal Injury
Even though illegal immigrants don’t possess a driver’s license, car insurance or financial independence, they can still get their deserving amount of claim. You can recover your loss through an at-fault person’s insurance company, whether in a personal injury due to a colleague’s negligence or a driver’s fault.
Illegal Immigrants Sue For Personal Injury to Recover:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damages
- Compensation for pain and emotional damage
- Future medical care expenses
However, due to potential limitations, the immigrants will need an experienced personal injury attorney who can confidently navigate through all legal roughness.
Insurance companies always try to play dominant and might trick illegal immigrants into not getting enough compensation. But you don’t need to be afraid since Maus Law Personal Injury attorney grabs your deserving claim settlement because they understand how to deal with at fault driver’s insurance company.
Therefore, Contract us today to stand tall with you for the personal injury claims process before all legal systems and not suffer anymore because of someone’s negligence just because you’re an undocumented immigrant.