Fort Lauderdale Construction Injury Lawyer for Workers Injured in Falls and Scaffolding Accidents
Falls are among the most common causes of serious and fatal injuries on construction sites in Florida. If you, your spouse or partner, or any other close family member has been suffered catastrophic injuries in a fall on a Florida construction site, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation, and you should speak with a Fort Lauderdale construction injury lawyer promptly.
Why are Falls and Scaffolding Accidents So Common?
Given the prevalence of falls and scaffolding accidents on construction sites, it is worth asking: Why is this the case? While contractors and subcontractors will often chalk these accidents up to “mishaps” that are simply a part of the job, the reality is that many of these construction site accidents are the result of factors that are beyond workers’ control. For example, some of the leading causes of falls and scaffolding accidents on Florida construction sites include:
- Failure to install guardrails and cover floor openings
- Failure to provide harnesses and other necessary safety equipment
- Improper scaffolding construction
- Use of old and unsafe scaffolding
- Providing construction workers with unsafe ladders
- Requiring construction workers to work at height without spotters and other safety precautions
- Inadequate training and communication regarding fall prevention
Injuries from Falls and Scaffolding Accidents Can Be Devastating
For many construction workers, suffering serious injuries in a fall or scaffolding accident is a life-altering experience. Their injuries leave them unable to work for months, and, in many cases, they are never able to recover fully. Their financial losses add up quickly; and, before they know it, they are in debt with bills they cannot afford. For families who lose loved ones, the costs can be far more substantial, and there is nothing that can be done to truly compensate for their losses.
Falls and Scaffolding Accident Can Lead to Multiple Claims for Compensation
Regardless of what happened, if you or a loved one was injured in a fall or scaffolding accident on a construction site in Florida, you owe it to yourself to speak with Fort Lauderdale construction injury lawyer Joseph Maus. During your free initial consultation, Mr. Maus will thoroughly assess your legal rights and determine what claim or claims you have available. In cases involving serious and fatal construction site falls, potential claims include:
- Workers’ compensation (for medical, disability and/or death benefits)
- Personal injury and wrongful death claims against contractors, subcontractors, and others
- Premises liability claims against property owners
- Product liability claims against companies that manufactured defective scaffolding or other items
Under Florida law, if multiple parties are to blame for your injuries or your loved one’s death, you may need to file multiple claims to fully recover your losses. Mr. Maus can determine what is necessary to recover maximum compensation, and he will rely on his decades of experience to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Fort Lauderdale Construction Injury Lawyer at the Maus Law Firm
Are you entitled to financial compensation for a construction site fall or scaffolding accident? To discuss your case with Fort Lauderdale construction injury lawyer Joseph Maus, call 855-999-5297 or request a free consultation online now.