Maus Law Firm

No Recovery

Call For a Free Consultation

(855) 999-5297

Million dollar advocates forum

Fort Lauderdale Attorney for Injured Passengers & Children

If you were injured in a car accident as a passenger, understanding your options is the first step toward recovering financial compensation for your medical expenses and other losses. However, there are several issues that can make this difficult; and, as a result, it is important that you discuss your legal rights with a Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney before you do anything that could jeopardize your legal rights.

Child Car Passenger

Who is Liable for Your Injuries as a Passenger in a Florida Car Wreck?

As an injured passenger, you potentially have several options for recovering financial compensation after a serious car accident. However, the specific options that are available to you will depend on the facts of your particular case. With this in mind, potential sources of financial compensation for injured passengers in Florida include:

  • Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Policy – If you have PIP insurance, then you should be able to file a “no fault” claim with your own auto insurance company.
  • Auto Insurance Policy Claims – If the driver of the vehicle in which you were riding was at fault in the accident, then you can file a claim under his or her auto insurance policy.
  • Filing a Claim with the Other Driver’s Insurance Company – If another driver was at fault (or partially at fault), then you can file a claim with his or her insurer as well.
  • Claims for a Vehicle Defect or Faulty Repair – Vehicle defects and faulty repairs can cause serious accidents; and, when they do, all victims can seek just compensation from the manufacturer, dealership, or repair shop that is to blame.
  • Filing a Claim for a Road Defect or Maintenance Issue – Just like drivers, passengers can also file claims against government agencies and contractors for accidents resulting from road defects and maintenance issues.
  • Pursuing a Claim Against a Driver’s Employer – If any driver involved in the accident was working at the time of the crash or was in a company vehicle, then you may also be able to file a claim against his or her employer.

What are My Rights if My Child was Injured While Riding in Someone Else’s Car?

If your child was injured in an accident while riding in someone else’s car, then you can file a claim to recover financial compensation on his or her behalf. Child passengers have the same legal rights as adult passengers in Florida, and this means that you can file a claim to recover your child’s losses including:

  • Medical expenses
  • Pain and suffering
  • Emotional trauma
  • Loss of future earning capacity
  • Loss of enjoyment of life

Discuss Your Case with a Fort Lauderdale Accident Attorney for Free

For more information about filing a claim as an injured passenger or the parent of an injured child in Florida, please contact us to arrange a complimentary initial consultation. To speak with Fort Lauderdale car wreck attorney Joseph Maus in confidence, call 855-999-5297 or inquire online today. 


Practice Areas

Client Testimonial

"Great Service and Great Results. Would Recommend Maus Law Firm to anyone."

Posted By: Chris B