Fort Lauderdale Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer for Help with Your Claim
Spinal cord injuries can have devastating consequences. Even if a spinal cord injury is not permanent, it can still cause significant pain and suffering, loss of income, and loss of enjoyment of life. Medical treatment can also be incredibly expensive, and health insurance won’t always (or even often) cover all of the costs. Fortunately, many accident victims and families will be able to recover financial compensation with the help of a Fort Lauderdale spinal cord injury attorney.
All types of accidents can result in spinal cord injuries, and it doesn’t take much to cause potentially significant damage to the spine. Car accidents, slips and falls, and work accidents are all common causes—along with sports collisions, bicycle accidents, swimming and diving accidents, acts of violence, product failures and other accidents. These are all causes for which financial compensation may be available via a personal injury claim, and the first step toward understanding your legal rights is to schedule a free initial consultation.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our Fort Lauderdale spinal cord injury lawyer represents individuals and families in cases involving injuries from all causes. This includes cases involving negligence (i.e. distracted driving or inadequate property maintenance), product defects and unsafe work conditions. We handle cases involving all types of spinal cord injuries:
- Cervical Spinal Cord Injuries – The cervical region is the uppermost portion of the spine. Cervical spinal cord injuries are often the most serious, and they will lead to permanent paralysis in some cases.
- Thoracic Spinal Cord Injuries – The thoracic region makes up the majority of the middle back. Thoracic spinal cord injuries can range broadly in terms of severity—from herniated discs that may heal with rest to spinal fractures with permanent consequences.
- Lumbar Spinal Cord Injuries – The lumbar region is located in the lower back. Lower back pain is the most common symptom of lumbar spinal cord injuries, but more severe injuries can cause problems in the hips and legs.
- Sacral Spinal Cord Injuries – The sacral region is the lowest portion of the spine in the back. Sacral spinal cord injuries can cause impaired mobility, loss of bowel and bladder control, and various other symptoms and effects.
Early Symptoms of Spinal Cord Injuries
Injuries in all regions of the spinal cord can have a wide range of symptoms. If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the following after an accident in Florida, you should see a doctor and consult with a Fort Lauderdale spinal cord injury attorney right away:
- Back pain
- Back spasms
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of sensation in the limbs or extremities
- Numbness or tingling
If you have not yet seen a doctor, we can help you find a spinal cord injury specialist in Fort Lauderdale who can see you (or your loved one) right away. In many cases, prompt treatment can be critical for preventing additional harm and mitigating the risk of long-term or permanent, catastrophic effects. We will also get to work immediately investigating your (or your loved one’s) accident to determine if you have a claim for financial compensation.
Understanding the Financial and Non-Financial Costs of Traumatic Spinal Cord Injuries
Regardless of how a spinal cord injury happens, the financial and non-financial costs of the injury will begin to add up quickly. Recovering just compensation for these costs can be essential for moving on without unnecessary health complications and financial stress. When you hire our Fort Lauderdale spinal cord injury attorney to represent you, we will seek to recover full compensation for your (or your loved one’s):
- Medical treatment
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Prescriptions and pain management
- Loss of income and future earning capacity
- Pain, suffering and emotional trauma
- Other financial and non-financial costs
What You Can Expect from Our Fort Lauderdale Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
We understand what it means to suffer a spinal cord injury, and we know how the financial and non-financial costs of these injuries can negatively impact all aspects of accident victims’ and families’ lives. When you choose Maus Law Firm, you can expect our Fort Lauderdale spinal cord injury attorney to help you by all means available. From helping you find the right doctors to helping you collect the financial compensation you deserve, we will do everything we can to help you recover as fully and quickly as possible.
Speak with the Maus Law Firm for Free
If you need to know more about seeking financial compensation for a spinal cord injury, we encourage you to contact us promptly. For a free, no-obligation consultation, call 855-476-5926 or tell us how we can help online today.