Oakland Park Property Damage Lawyer Helping After a Flood, Hurricane or Major Storm
Living in South Florida means dealing with hurricanes and tropical storms. While some homeowners and business owners will be lucky enough to come out of these storms unscathed, others will be forced to deal with substantial damage and a lengthy rebuilding process. If your home or business has been damaged in a major storm, you should be entitled to insurance coverage, but you may need to work with an experienced Oakland Park hurricane damage attorney to ensure you receive the full coverage to which you are legally entitled.
Oakland Park hurricane lawyer Joseph Maus has decades of experience representing homeowners and business owners following devastating storms in South Florida. He is intimately familiar with the challenges involved in securing insurance coverage. Whether your home or business has just been damaged or your insurance company has already denied your claim, Mr. Maus can use his experience to help you effectively assert your legal rights.
Get the Answers You Need After a Damaging Storm with an Oakland Park Property Damage Lawyer
If you are like most people, you have many questions about how to deal with your situation. Many of these questions do not have simple answers, and you will need an Oakland Park property damage lawyer to provide personalized advice based on your unique circumstances. Mr. Maus can help you answer questions such as:
- How do I file a homeowner’s insurance or flood insurance claim?
- Do I need to file a homeowner’s insurance claim and a flood insurance claim?
- How do I file a business insurance claim after a major storm?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a hurricane or tropical storm?
- Can I choose my own contractors?
- Will I receive payment from my insurance company directly?
- Should I hire a public adjuster?
- How can I make sure my insurance company accurately assesses the damage to my home or business?
- How much is my homeowner’s, flood or business insurance claim worth?
- What should (and shouldn’t) I say to my insurance company after a major storm?
Dealing with Unexpected Challenges During Your Insurance Claim
When seeking insurance coverage after a major storm, homeowners and business owners can face various unexpected challenges along the way. In many cases, overcoming these challenges will require the advice and representation of an experienced Oakland Park property damage lawyer. Hiring a lawyer at the outset of your claim can minimize the risk of these challenges arising; and, if you are facing any of these challenges already, you should consult with a lawyer promptly:
- Determining what coverage is available to you (or your business)
- Insurance policy exclusions
- Missed deadlines
- Lowball settlement offers
- Insurance claim delays and denials
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Oakland Park Flood Damage Lawyer
Are you struggling to obtain insurance coverage after a hurricane or other major storm in South Florida? If so, Oakland Park flood damage lawyer Joseph Maus can help. Call 855-999-5297 or contact us online now for a free and confidential consultation.